Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petenewky
    • Nov 2001

Merging MPEG-4 files into one big file

Hi...I'm new to this forum and apologize if this is a stupid or redundant question.
    I am trying to merge a number of MPEG-4 files into one file, so I can play them all together in sequence, but I am unable to do so. I have tried a number of MPEG utilities, but they seem to only work with MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. I keep getting a message saying "This file is not an MPEG file", or I merge them and I only see the first clip and it ends without playing the 2nd clip.
    I have tried the TMPGEnc utility, and merging them in dos with the copy command (after renaming them to .mpg extension):
    copy /b mpeg1.mpg+mpeg2.mpg mpeg.mpg
    with no success.
    Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

FYI:
    P2 350 / WIN98SE / ATI Rage Fury / DIVx The Playa and Windows Media Player 7.1
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

VIRTUALDUB is what you need!

open first file, then append, finally save as.

your file need to have the same resolution and fps, though.

Comment

• petenewky
      • Nov 2001

Thank You!

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. I did have to set the compression, but otherwise it was easy!

Thanks again!

Comment

• khitch12
        • Nov 2001

yep virtual dub if vd wont merge your clips due to resolution you can resize, (crop is better if you can) them to all the same res there. I did a project putting together the funniest thirty second clips from my movies. They were both codecs of course and different res and speeds so I had to reprocess a lot of em. Doing this with virtual dub you will get a hands on education in vid editing. Play with it you can't hurt anything.

Comment

Working...