Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • squimmy
    • May 2005

xvid to dvd audio out of sync

I tried to convert my perfectly in sync audio .avi file to something i can burn to dvd. Usually i use vso divxtodvd, but like every other program i try after the conversion the audio is out of sync.

I have tried dvdsanta,cucusoft avi converter,vso divxtodvd and winavi

Every single program made the audio go out of sync with the video, and i now have no idea what to do to be able to burn it to dvd correctly.

Any help on this would be apprecited. Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i suggest virtualdubmod and tmpgenc
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I tried to convert my perfectly in sync audio .avi file to something i can burn to dvd."

With which did you create the .AVI - Constant Bitrate .MP3, Variable Bitrate .MP3, or .AC3 audio?

Comment

• squimmy
        • May 2005

Damn, i feared that i was going to have to get into the buiseness of messing around with lots of different proggies to get what i want.

Setarip, the reason i use the 1click proggies i use is because i dont want to have to mess around with the different options, and therefore i have no idea which one i created. But telling me what they are and how i can change it would be appreciated.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

squimmy

I would try using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus" to convert the original AVI to a "DVD Compliant" mpeg-2 file. Go to "File" > "Project Wizard" and choose form the left window either the DVD NTSC or PAL template. After you have chosen the appropriate DVD template, in the dropdown window at the bottom right, make sure either "CBR Linear PCM Audio" or "CBR Mpeg-1 Layer II Audio (MP2)" is selected. After the encoding process, play the resulting mpeg-2 file in WMP of similar and check to see if the audio is in sync with the video.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"i have no idea which one i created."

What software did you use to create the .AVI?

Comment

• squimmy
              • May 2005

Okay, I tried TMPGenc plus 2 and now i get no audio at all. Oh well....

Any other ideas?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Any other ideas?"

I mjght be able to offer some ideas if you would answer:

What software did you use to create the .AVI?

Comment

• vash
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • May 2005

i've experienced this problem alot myself when using the vso software. then the software plants a registry key in your hard drive once you sign up for thr trial period, that can't be deleted. i would stay away from the vso software. just my experience though. others may really enjoy it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

to squimmy

"Okay, I tried TMPGenc plus 2 and now i get no audio at all. Oh well...."

if you give up this easy success may never find you.

please respond to setarip's question and post a screenshot of the file details using vdubmod/gspot.

this will be a starting point.
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...