X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deveraux
    • May 2005

DivX 5.2.1 with AC3 sound

Hi all!

I'm kinda new to video encoding so please bear with me.

I encoded the video stream using DVDx v2.3 and extracted the AC3 audio from that program as well. I then used VirtualDub v1.5.10 modded to mux the two streams to get the final output. However, the final file only contained stereo sound. When I opened the avi file in VirtualDub and selected 'File Information', it says the audio has 6 channels but in bracket, it says stereo. Even if I open the ac3 for audio separately, I only get stereo from it.

Anybody know's what I did wrong? Thanks for your time.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Even if I open the ac3 for audio separately, I only get stereo from it."

This may seem like an "Obvious" question but do you have a 5.1 surround audio system capable of playing back AC3 audio?

Comment

• deveraux
      • May 2005

Well, I have 5.1 surround sound speakers and they work in 5.1 when I play the DVD itself, or any 5.1 capable game. It's just after I extract the AC3 file that I lose all surround capabilities. I've tried different methods and used different programs for playing the AC3 file itself (WMP 10 and WMP classic -- came with K-Lite Codec Pack).

Any other ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Or is it that WMP isn't capable of producing 5.1 surround sound?

Comment

Working...