Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laserfan
    • Mar 2005

Best how-to for high def Xvid???

I've used Xvid in the past to make smaller copies of my favorite DVDs, for my Media Player, so am not a newbie to all this, but I wandered in here today and am STUNNED by the quality of Decryptit's Titanic conversion (I assume that's where the image comes from, the 3rd post in the MPEG-4 sticky).

I've found one basic how-to here but I wonder, is there a thread or a site or a guide that is "best" for describing how to improve a DVD???

"Titanic" was a great example in the sticky, because that is a non-anamorphic DVD of just so-so quality. Can I make it look as good as Decryptit's post for my 60" Sony HDTV (1366x720 iirc)??

Would love to give this a try, if someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction. I have a 3.2GHz P4 to process it, and an HTPC to play it back... Many TIA for advice!!
  • laserfan
    • Mar 2005

Well either there's no one here or no one knows or no one cares.

I have Googled my brains out over this, and most guides I have found are out-of-date or otherwise don't do exactly what I want, so I guess I'm on my own.

As close as I've come so far is to take one of the "old, tired" DVDs in my collection and import it to VirtualDubMod, after which I applied a couple of filters and it looked much, MUCH better (!) afterward, but I have more learning to do as my output was badly combed.

Guess I'm also in for some Avisynth where the better filters are?

This is probably the nicest article I've seen so far on the subject I'm most interested in.

Comment

Working...