Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigRedEraser
    • May 2005

Stand alone divx player issues. Help converting/fixing Divx files

I just bought a DVD player with divx playback support.

I have divx files i have watched fine on my computer. I decided to burn them to a disc in order to play on my new stand alone unit. The player had no trouble with the file till a specific frame in specific file, at which point the player skipped to the next file.

EDIT: its not the burn or the media. i burned once to a DVD-R and once to a CD-R.

fell free to skip to important part

so i start reading forums and i come across a program called mpeg4modifier, i think.

this nice little program allows for some nice quick editing of divx avi files (unpacking the bitstream, changing the aspect ratio). however it is only able to do so if the file is not corrupted or has some other indexing issues.

this is when i realized some of my files were corrupt.

however for the most part the corrupt files still play in the stand alone.
    the thing is that when i tried programs like divfix, video fix, avifixp and others they would pick up many corrupted frames. i realized that the corrupted frames are not the issue responsible for the early termination of the file.

the thing is some of those programs either hung or aborted at a specific point in the file at about the point of early termination. so there is some other error.

important part

since the files play fine on my computer there should be a way to re-encode them so that they willplay fine on my stand alone. How do i go about converting a divx to a divx?

i didn't seem to find a guide for this.

patching the file from an uncorrupted version is not an option. cutting frames is a last resort.
    Last edited by BigRedEraser; 22 May 2005, 03:31 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file (DivX-compressed or otherwise) into the most recent version of either VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod

2) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Select "Scan videostream for errors"

4) Select "Mask bad frames"

5) Save with a new filename

Comment

Working...