X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ongaib
    • May 2005

bad quality movie

I'm new so please don't laugh!
    I have captured some scened I've tooked with my digital videocamera (Panasonic NV-GS11 PAL) using a FireWire cable and Adobe Premiere 6.5. The image is good, the sound ok, but it's big and I need to compress the movie (it's an avi file - the capture, I don't know why, but I've read it's normal). The problem is that using the codec programs (Xvid, DivX, 3ivx, Mpeg4, etc.) the video playback uses "lines" (after the conversion). Only Crystal Player, using the deinterlace filter, corrects the "problem" (I've tried only on an mpeg made with a video editor program, some scenes we're not necessary). How can I correct the problem and please suggest a better different compressor if it is the case (I need a good quality avi)?

P.S. I've also tried capturing using my tv tuner but it's not the same...
    My computer is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L6820 notebook, 256 Mb DDR, Intel Celeron 2,6 Ghz, with an 64 Mb integrated video card, etc. I also live in Romania if it has something to do with PAL/NTSC, I don't know ...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"How can I correct the problem and please suggest a better different compressor if it is the case (I need a good quality avi)?"

Load the original .AVI into VirtualDub (selecting the DivX codec) and from the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Filters", click on "Add", and selct the "Deinterlace for PAL filter"...

Comment

• ongaib
      • May 2005

problems still ...

Originally posted by setarip
      "How can I correct the problem and please suggest a better different compressor if it is the case (I need a good quality avi)?"

Load the original .AVI into VirtualDub (selecting the DivX codec) and from the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Filters", click on "Add", and selct the "Deinterlace for PAL filter"...
      I've downloaded VirtualDub 1.5.10, launch it in execution, but when I've tried to open the avi file, an error appeared:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'dvsd' (unknown)

VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.

(See the attached image ...)

Any suggestions?

P.S. By the way, I use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.03 if it has any importance.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ongaib; 26 May 2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'dvsd' (unknown)"

If that's the case, I don't understand how you got as far as you did below:

"The problem is that using the codec programs (Xvid, DivX, 3ivx, Mpeg4, etc.) the video playback uses "lines" (after the conversion)."

Be that as it may, you'l have to download and install a DV codec such as the MainConcept DV codec...

Comment

• ongaib
          • May 2005

hoping it will work ...

Maybe it will do the trick.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks a lot!"

My pleasure ;>}