• Show
Clear All
  • Easier Way?
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2003

Unsharp mask lines

The 33k atached file shows the problem I have with USM
    (Unsharp Mask Filter for VirtualDub. Developed by Donald Graft, optimized by Antonio Foranna. Version 1.4)
    in vdub 1.4d. I am editing a 704 x 576 pal capture on a leadtek card using leadtek's Winfast PVR. This example was captured uncompressed and in VDub I cropped x2 and y2 by 4, did a level adjust and have USM set at diam 5, str-1, thr 2, clip 0000 and inter "no".
    These lines are apparent in the preview and the finished file. The phenomenon appeared after I did a M-board, capture card and Win 98 to XP upgrade. Sometimes it goes away if I put the Sharpen filter on before USM.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.
    Attached Files
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

did you ever try multiples of 8 when cropping?

Comment

• Easier Way?
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2003

No, would 4 each side be as good? I had only cropped where there were black lines and thought that I would be OK with asymetrical crops and that increments of 4 would be OK. The divx guides gave me the impression that multiples of 4 in width and 2 in height would be fine (I never knew what valid depths meant?).

Thanks for your help.

Later-Tried using 3.11, cropped up to 8 off all round for an image of 688x560 which is multiples of 16. Still get the lines but the angle and pitch varies with crop size variation. Un-cropped has none.

Next day-Tried to paste a new usm 1.4 into v-dub plug ins directory, didn't help, did the same with usm 1.3 and the problem seems to have gone away.
      Last edited by Easier Way?; 2 Jun 2005, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...