• Nov 2001

Thanks Erci

Techno

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Originally posted by techno
      DIVX 3.11alpha can rip a whole DVD on 1 D without loss of quality m8! ....
      ROTFL, rather bold words from someone who have never ripped a DVD, you should probably make yourself fammiliar with dvd ripping before makeing such statements.

Next I suppose you will claim it's best to use the fast motion codec. Try encoding a movie like Vertial Limit with the fast motion codec, and you will quickly see why no experienced encoder use that codec.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

eh, NO khp, I never said anything about fast motion being great on DVD's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the facts right!

Yes, I have ripped DVD's, 2 times yesterday and today, u can fit a whole DVD on 1 CD using low motion and no loss of quality

Techno

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

you need to get your eyes checked

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

where u talking about urself there?

DO NOT INSULT OTHER PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS!!!!!

Techno

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

eh, NO khp, I never said anything about fast motion being great on DVD's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the facts right!
              My facts are completly right, I never claimed that you ever said that fast motion was great for DVD rips.

But if you want to get into this, the following threads all talk of DVD ripping, and you seem to be adviceing to use the fast motion codec.

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

There are probably more threads like this, but searching through your postings got boring about half way through. I am not calling you a liar, I am just saying that you should not make bold claims about something you obviously don't know much about.

Comment

• techno
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2001

I talk about fast motion for capturing! Please, my facts are correct, let us just cut the bulls**t!

TRUCE

Techno

Comment

• khp
                  The Other
                  • Nov 2001

where u talking about urself there?

DO NOT INSULT OTHER PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS!!!!!

Techno
                  There is absolutly nothing wrong with my eyes, and my statement was not meant as an insult, it was a statement of fact.

With an average movie (9/16 aspectration, full res, length 1:45 hrs), using the highest possible quality settings, will usually result in approx 2GB video data, regardless of which divx codec used (divx3.11, divx4, divx5). Even at that quality level there will be a quality loss, it probably wont be noticeable on moving video, but looking at still frames of high motion action scenes there will be a small but noticeable difference. Adding 128kbps audio and compressing it to fit on a single cd means reducing it by more than a factor three. This will introduce noticeable difference durring playback. Which is why most people doing one cd rips reduce the res to 608*X or 576*X, which is not what I would call dvd quality.

Comment

• techno
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Nov 2001

Well, I use settings that work for me!

Fast motion works great on MOST of the stuff that I encode, NOT DVD's

Techno

Comment

• Ndb
                      • Mar 2002

Ooh this sounds like fun

You could reduce the final file size if you desimate frame rate by 2 and most eyes won't notice much of a difference and still keep the quality. But hey you gotta laff

Comment

Working...