X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toonman
    • Jul 2005

changing codecs div3 to xvid

hello all.
    i have a series of AVI's i need to do a DVD with.
    the problem is some of them use xvid codecs and others div3, and the tool i use to create dvd's from AVI files (AVIXDVD) doesn't allow me to convert different files.
    It allows for groups of xvid and groups of div3, so i presume it's not an incapability of the program to use those codecs.
    I have VirtualDubMod wich might be the correct tool but i don't know how to use it (i know, i know, rtfm and all, but if it's just a simple thing it would spare me a lor of time).
    Anyone able to lend a hand?

best regards
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

this link should help out.

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• mastercontrol
      • Jun 2005

You could try changing the FourCC code of the Div3 encoded files with the FourCC Code Changer: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...de_Changer.htm

I would recommend doing a test on one of the Div3 files first (making a backup of it in case you run into problems), and change the FourCC code to XviD and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...