Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chester345
    • Mar 2002

Choppy Audio

Hi all. First I'd like to thank everyone for all the help so far. Just reading posts and figuring things out has kept all my questions aswered for 2 months now!!
    Now I have a problem I just can't figure out. When I attempt to encode Shrek or AI, I get wierd choppy audio. The discs are NTSC and I have tried 23.98 input to 29.97 output and vice versa. I've also tried 23.98->23.98 and 29.97 the same. They all give me audio that sounds like it drops the sound for like .2 seconds. I'm using Divx 4.12 for video and have tried LAME audio and plain MP3 at all kinds of settings. It seems like no matter what I try I get these audio blank spots.
    Oh I'm also using DVDx (ver 1.6 and/or 1.8) as I dont have the HD space to decode a full movie (yet ). After my new HD comes I plan on using nandub and flask, or maybe others.
    But for now, has anyone encountered this choppy audio? And what did you do to remedy?!?!??!
    Thanks!
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

well, have u tried extracting it to an uncompressed wav? I am not saying that it could solve the problem, but it might!

Also, try using the Radium MP3 codec.

Does Windows play all other sounds fine, like MP3 files?

Techno

Comment

• Chester345
      • Mar 2002

OK ... I smartripped the movie down and was pumping it through Flask when I figured out what the choppy audio is. At the beginning of the movie when it has a black screen and the verbage 'A Dreamworks Production' ... and then it says 'Presented by'... Those words are in english when you play the dvd in a dvd player. When I was watching the in Flask, the words were in english and then they switched to french and the audio replayed for that 3 seconds or so that they are up. Then the words switched to 3 different languages, replaying the same audio every time. I assume that it plays the correct language verbage when you select a diff language from the menus. now my question...how does one get around that (other than editting the offending frames out)??? I ended up cutting the whole scene from my DVDx version as those 3 seconds were the only choppy audio in the whole rip.

Was that some slick multi angle action or what?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

In that case, you will have to re-rip the DVD and make sure that you rip only one angle off this multi-angle DVD. Smartripper does the job.

Comment

• Chester345
          • Mar 2002

Thanks for all the help. (in this thread and all the others)

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Pleasure.

Comment

Working...