Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman2632
    • Feb 2005

Not converting using VSO DivxToDVD

Hello. I have the Dazzle DVC80 to transfer my VHS footage to my computer in order to eventually make DVD files. I converted the footage into an MPEG file. The only program I have is VSO DivxToDVD to transfer into DVD ready files and I have used this before but now I have tried 3 times to convert this file and it doesn't complete. The footage is about 90 minutes long but after VSO tries to convert it, the green completed bar shows only about 1/10 complete and says 4 hours remaining. It says this forever and it never goes any further. Any tips? Comments? Thanks in advance.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - You can use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this.

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish).

**If the combined file size of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink to compress it down to fit on your recordable media.

If your operating system (O/S) is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode - Tutorial Located here on how to do this: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...453#post221453

TMPGEnc - http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

TMPGEnc DVD Author - http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

Comment

• ironman2632
      • Feb 2005

The file isn't .AVI it is MPEG video file. Is there a difference? I sent the video file through TMPGEnc but when it finishes the files are not compatible files to be burned to disc. I end up getting a wave sound file, M2V file, and a MCF file. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

if they are not compatible you are doing something wrong.

at the first screen of the dvd wizrd choose mp-2 (CBR) audio NOT PCM

secondly, you shouldn't have to do this if you want it on dvd--i don't

"I converted the footage into an MPEG file"

a standard mpeg-1 file?

you can open these up in tmpgenc dvd author and put into a "dvd package" audio/video ts folders ready to burn(no conversion needed).

jmet showed you the link. for the 30 free full trial.
        Last edited by LT. Columbo; 13 Aug 2005, 07:04 AM.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ironman2632
          • Feb 2005

I did what you told me to in the last message columbo...however, after it is sent through it is still an mpeg file. I use Nero to burn and when I select this file i get the following:
          "The file is larger than 2 GB and therfore cannot be stored in an ISO file system. Please use the UDF file system to write such large files. This can be done by selecting another compilation type."

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help and patience.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

make sure you have "create dvd folder" on the output screen settings checked. after tmpgenc dvd author is done you should have a video ts and audio ts folder.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...