Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamief
    • Aug 2005

Problem joining divx files

Apologies if this has been asked before -- relative novice but in the recent past I have easily joined avi or divx files together before encoding and burning to dvd (I use EZ merge). however it does not allow you to join files which are not the same dimension (hope I got that right) - any ideas on how I get round this problem?? All help greatly appreciated.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

easiest would be to encode each file seperately to an mpeg2 dvd file and join them in your authoring software.

Comment

• jamief
      • Aug 2005

thank you for that - what would the best software be to encode to mp2 as you suggest??

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i agree with tig 100%, it's the method i use too. tmpgenc dvd author is what you should use: free 30 full trial here

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jamief
          • Aug 2005

many thanks guys - will give your advice a try and reprt back on how well it goes - cheers

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

keep us posted
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• tigerman8u
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by jamief
              thank you for that - what would the best software be to encode to mp2 as you suggest??
              if the mpeg2 encoder you were using before satisfies you continue to use it. Mainconcept,Tmpgenc Plus and CCE are 3 good choices for payware. Henc is an excellent freeware program.. Cut out a small 1-2 minute section of a video file and experiment with different encoders and see what you like. Most encoders/software will give you trial version

Comment

• chinapoppi
                • Aug 2005

Excuse Me~

Joining "files" in many of these freeware/shareware programs usually require that the files be re-encoded, which (from my brief experience) means that the quality of the newly-processed file will degrade considerably~!

Am I not correct~

Unfortunately, I own two(2) of these "brand name" joiner programs which turn out lower-quality joined files...and I am quite angry that something so simple as joining 2 or more "same quality-bitrate-format" files can cause such a loss of clarity when blending them together~

Maybe I can receive some instructions from the more experienced here~!

zaijian~~

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

yes the method above , the files have to be encoded, like anything else to make dvd files. i always use minimum compression, and my files don't have a loss of quality.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...