Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs. B
    • Aug 2005

For Lt. Columbo

Have new d/l of same file in avi. Am attaching Gspot screen shot. If you can, please tell me or point to a step-by-step on how to burn to disc so I can watch on dvd player/tv, preferably using Nero. If this is too much to ask, I understand. I had this file before and after messing with it too much, it became corrupt so I dumped it and d/l mp4 version, which went nowhere. Thanks so much for your time! I've researched on my own but it's all a little overwhelming to say the least.
    Attached Files

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

ok, well really, what i would do is encode it with tmpgenc using the splitter. it should have no problems. then you can author it with dvd author and burn those files to disc.

splitter

dvd author has a full 30 day trial
      TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Mrs. B
        • Aug 2005

I'm working on it and will report back tomorrow. Thanks big guy......you da bomb!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

good luck
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Mrs. B
            • Aug 2005

I Did It!

But what a rig-a-ma-roll! I tried using the programs you suggested and they didn't work (didn't see the files, files were too big, ya-de-ya-dah!) I finally did it the way that I usually do any AVI file. Use Winavi to convert to DVD; ran it through DVDShrink; then tried to use Nero Vision Express - uh uh.....didn't like it, file was too big, same crap; tried using plain ol' Nero Burn......same story....kept telling me to insert correct media into DVD burner.....huh? I AM! Hello?! Stupid program. Was ready to throw computer out the window, then thought.....ok, I'll use this program that "sometimes" works, and sometimes doesn't......DVD Santa, and that burned it to disc in dvd burner (it could see the files, read the media!!) and got a good disc which actually plays in my DVD player. Ooooohhhhh Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!! Of course I haven't watched the entire movie to see if everything is sinked right; will do tonight, but first part seems ok. Of course I thought that about another movie I did and the whole ending was missing! That was my screw up somewhere. Anyway, it feels good to finally conquor this beast. Now I have all these misc. programs and ended up that I only needed the same ones I normally use, except for Nero. That's a great program but I have more trouble trying to do simple things with it than not. {sigh!} but at least this one is done. Everyone seems to be a project, though. Wish there was a tried and true way to always do these things correctly the first time.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

glad you got what you wanted

"Was ready to throw computer out the window,"

i don't care who you are, that's funny right there

"Wish there was a tried and true way to always do these things correctly the first time."

that will come with experience, it took a me a while till i got to that point
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• Mrs. B
                • Aug 2005

Thanks for your help and encouragement and not giving up on me. Most people would have gotten bored past my first "whine." Sometimes you just need someone to encourage you or at the least, listen to you. Thanks for being that person!! You rock!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

thanx for the kind words...
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...