Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • synchron
    • Nov 2001

Divx to VCD - synch/video problems

Hi. My VCD movies I make with Tmpgenc are watchable but the video keeps speeding up and slowing down on my Apex DVD player. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong??

Source: Divx movie typical 2hrs 700Mb AVI encoded at 25 fps.

My steps:

1) Run VirtualDub and save the WAV only which takes real quick.
    2) Rename WAV to MP3
    3) Run Winamp and convert mp3 to WAV to give a constant 128K bps.
    4) Run Tmpenc, load VCD PAL template, use the original Video divx and the WAV at constant bps for audio. (do this overnite)
    5) Filesize for MPG will be around 1.3 M so use Tmpenc to split mpg to fit on CDR media.
    6) Run Nero 5.51 - the problem here is both mpgs are "streaming" and I have to turn off non-compliance.

So in step 6, this gives me a hint as to why my DVD player plays these movies with the video speeding up and slowing down. BTW, I am in the US and its on a NTSC system.

So what am I doing wrong, or what can I do to make the synching/speedup/slowdown problems go away.

TIA,

synchron.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

so why do you choose PAL???
    use ntsc 23.x

Comment

• synchron
      • Nov 2001

I use PAL template because that's what the source is. R u saying that the 25 fps vs. 29.97 for NTSC or 23.97 for NTSC film is what causes these synch problems?? Am I only limited to encoding just NTSC sources and that PAL sources will never play perfectly?? (Note: they all play fine on a PC).

Thanx, synchron.

Comment

Working...