Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RPT
    • Feb 2004

Encoding avi to DVD - program keeps crashing

I also posted this in the newbie forum, but I think it should probably be here instead. I am having problems encoding avi's into dvd format. The enoder keeps crashing ... I get the "(program) has experienced an unexpected error and has to close" right after beginning to encode. This has happened with dvdsanta. DIKO & The Film Machine also report errors and fail to encode. The avi's are XVids, and I have downloaded the XVid codecs. I have also downloaded and run ffdshow. Does anyone have any suggestions??
    THX!!
  • dman123456
    • Mar 2006

try other converting program and use k-lite codec pack

hi my name is david im a newbi in this furum but it been almost a year im doing serious video converting i use dvdsanta to convert my video into dvd format has it automaticly compresse the video files to fit a 4.7gb dvd and i use cucusoft for other video convertion i use k-lite video codec that is the best tip i could give you and you probably alredy tried but if not try hope will help you

ps i have a problem converting a file using any kind of software and codec maybe you could help me it the 4th sesson of buffy ive downlod in mininova.org ive convert every file ok it just the last one that im not able to do it the same codec the same format has the other one and i can play it in any kind of media player mediaplayer can you help me thanks

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Here is a good read:

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...