Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

tobsta, it really is a very straight-forward operation, but here are the steps:

download both 'yamb' and 'mp4box'. extract them both into different folders, somewhere on your hard disk. run 'yamb', click options, and click '...' then tell the program where 'mp4box.exe' is located. click the 'mux' tab, add your video, add your audio, type in the directory AND filename in the 'output' box (eg. C:\videos\clip.mp4). click 'mux'.

the reason why it wasn't working before may be because the video input has audio already in it. in that case, you need to extract the video (so its on its own, with no audio), and use it as input, then use the louder audio as audio input.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• tobsta
      • Nov 2005

I mused it with MEGUI. The audio i extracted to a wav file using quicktime and then edited in nero wave editor, raised the volume and saved as .mp4. I also ripped the vob file using nero recode and got a .mp4 video. I then selected the video and audio to mux and put it in the que. It did the first to steps (loads audio and video) and then an error occured in the log. It said "invalid isomedia media". What does this mean?

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

is that error in yamb or megui?

did you try the method in my previous post? it has worked flawlessly for me everytime, both whith nero's files and x264...

Comment

• tobsta
          • Nov 2005

that was in megui. Ill try to extract just the video from the mpeg4. I cant really do it with quicktime because then it makes it a .mov format. Do you know any good programmes that extract just video?

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

mp4box + yamb. go to its 'extract' tab, set the mp4 file as input, tick the box 'extract track id '1' in raw format'. in the large box at the bottom of the window, you will see a list of tracks, eg track 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. find the track that has the resolution of your video file listed in it, eg '720x400' that one is the video track.

replace the number '1' with whichever track has the video, and extract. it will extract the video on its own and output to a file on the hard disk.

Comment

• tobsta
              • Nov 2005

Thanx all for your help

Comment

• tobsta
                • Nov 2005

i used yamb with mp4box to extract the video. It goes through the logs and then says exporting finished completely. I look on the desktop where the input file was and i have a half finished file with an extension .cmp

Comment

• tobsta
                  • Nov 2005

i am guessing that's the raw format?

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

yes, its a file which contains video only, in this case called 'raw'. what do you mean by 'half finished file'?

Comment

• tobsta
                      • Nov 2005

doesnt matter anymore i finally got it muxed. I meant half finished as in the computer doesnt recognise it. I thought that yamb might have not finished extracting but then i realised it was the raw video.

Comment

• anonymez
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2004

glad to see you got it working

Comment

Working...