Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dodgy99uk
    • Dec 2005

Help Me PLEASE avi to dvd ;(

What can i say just downloaded an avi and i want to put it onto dvd however when i try using nero 7 it says encoding and time to encode is 5 hrs. Now surely i am doing something wrong in nero i have tried lots of other encoding s/ware eg tmpgenc, avi2dvd, lots of others to many to remember or list.

my system is okay it is

amd 1.2
    256mb Ram
    80 gig hdd
    dvd/r/rw

what the hell am i doing wrong i have lots of files to convert to dvd from vcd, avi, mpeg, but i need my pc to be free during day and night not over night tho thats when i encode HA HA HA HA
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

what exactly is the problem? if its the '5 hours', that's normal, maybe even 'great' for your pc's specs...
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• dodgy99uk
      • Dec 2005

i just thought that i was doing something wrong because it takes so long to encode then burn if this is nowmal in nero then iwill just keep to using that and do it in the night like i have been doing

THANK YOU FOR SUCH A PROMPT REPLY

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i agree with anonymez, with those specs you're doing quite well. how long is the avi?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

video encoding speed is highly cpu intensive and depends on the speed of your cpu. some encoders are faster than others. the settings/passes you use will affect the speed of the encode also

Comment

Working...