• Oct 2005

Xvid file description to be converted

this is the file name as it was downloaded,

Battlestar.Galactica.S02E10.WS.DSR.XviD-LOKi

on the file summaryit says video compression was Xvid
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

is there a question? this is a tv capture is presume...so nothing against rules i think.

to convert, if that's the question...this is how i do it
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• SnapCount
      • Dec 2005

Ive been downloading stargate sg1 and atlantis episodes, Im sure that its been encoded with xvid, but when I want to see the summary, it tells me that "Summary properties are unavailable for the selected sources".

Is there a program that would show the required information to do the conversion guide?

Also since that the episodes are from the states, which is ntsc, and I live in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">australia</st1lace></st1:country-region> (pal), i tend to get the audio out of sync. I use nero vision to convert the episodes to be dvd compliant.
      <o> </o>
      Is there a way to fix it? It seems that its ok at the beginning and then slowly gets worse as it goes on. Im thinking that it’s the video which is causing this, it likes to stutter every few frames – I guess because the video is in 23 or 29 fps and im converting it to 24fps for pal dvd.

Comment

• celtic_druid
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Talk about conversion and encoding to the XviD MPEG-4 format
        Problem solved in both cases since it is already XviD.

If you have a NTSC source, I would suggest leaving it NTSC. Most PAL equipment handles NTSC just fine. Since the source is 23.976 it needs to be encoded at that frame rate with a 3:2 pulldown. If you do want to convert to PAL then for the best results you need to speed it up. Audio sync will be maintained as you also speed it up.

Seriously though if you have questions about converting to DVD you should use a different forum.

Comment

Working...