Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krommagh
    • Sep 2003

xvid problems

i have an xvid in two halves. I tried to merge the two halves with virtualdub but couldn't. I then converted them to vcd using winavi and used Tmpgenc dvdauthor to put the two parts onto dvd. the original is fine, the vcd is fine, but the dvd goes out of synch after 10 minutes.

can someone please suggest a good xvid merge program and can anyone help with the synch problem.

Many thanx
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i use tmpgenc dvd author for what you are trying to accomplish. just add both files to the same track. if you have sync issues it is due to winavi. i suggest using the free version of tmpgenc to make VCD (though keep in mind they have to be 29.97 fps for dvd author)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

I recommend not using winavi. IMO it's a piece of crap. Use a good program such as Tmpgenc or Mainconcept to convert the avi to a dvd compliant mpeg 1/2. Author with Tmpgenc Dvd Author

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by tigerman8u
        IMO it's a piece of crap.
        not just YOUR opinion tig!
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...