trying to convert xvid to either vcd or dvd, please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slateef
    • Dec 2003

trying to convert xvid to either vcd or dvd, please help!

i'm trying to convert a video file that is in the xvid format.

this is the info on the file (via avicodec):

File : 704 MB (704 MB), duration: 2:17:37, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 37 %
    Video : 578 MB, 587 Kbps, 30.0 fps, 320*224 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
    Audio : 125 MB, 127 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

so i need to make this either into a vcd or a dvd...which would be better? i am assuming vcd would be fine, since the video is low resolution to begin with and dvd would offer no additional benefit, is that right?

if vcd, what do i need to convert it to? using what?

if for dvd, i have already tried using TMPGEnc Plus (fully registered) and when i tried loading the file into the program it gave an error message:

"filename" cannot open, or unsupported

can you please help?
    Last edited by slateef; 23 Dec 2005, 06:45 AM.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi slateef

You need Xvid codec installed so TMPGEnc Plug can open it. Please download the free Nic's Xvid Binaries 06/04/05 from here:

Find Guides: Click on a Topic below this line or use the Search: Search Latest Articles:

After installing the Xvid codec, you can use the excellent guide provided by LT. Columbo. I would strongly recommend to go for DVD since VCD is way too inferior comparing to DVD and also DVDs now are very affordable. Please get it from here:

Regards
    Last edited by benbryant; 23 Dec 2005, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• slateef
      • Dec 2003

thank you ben, it worked fine after i dl'ed the codec

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

You are welcome and please come back anytime if you need more help

Regards

Comment

• techreactor
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by slateef
          Video : 578 MB, 587 Kbps, 30.0 fps, 320*224 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
          Audio : 125 MB, 127 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

so i need to make this either into a vcd or a dvd...which would be better? i am assuming vcd would be fine, since the video is low resolution to begin with and dvd would offer no additional benefit, is that right?
          Yeah! but with these resolutions and sound quality, you would be better off with going with a VCD than a DVD, unless you want to try your hands on avisynth filters to upscale your Video resolution.

Comment

Working...