Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BABYNELL05
    • Dec 2005

How To Turn Avi To Dvd???

Hey I Am New To This Site And Just Bought A Computer. I Have Some Files On Avi I Would Like To Convert To Dvd So I Cun Burn Them. I Have Nero. Please Help.
    Last edited by BABYNELL05; 23 Dec 2005, 05:44 PM.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum BABYNELL05!

Please check out these threads:

A guide on how to author/create a DVD using TMPGEnc DVD Author that will play in any DVD player

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BABYNELL05
      Hey I Am New To This Site And Just Bought A Computer. I Have Some Files On Avi I Would Like To Convert To Dvd So I Cun Burn Them. I Have Nero. Please Help.
      And if you are new to all the authoring stuff, try DIKO from here. Its simpler and free.

Comment

• cool4uall
        • Sep 2005

Originally Posted by techreactor
        And if you are new to all the authoring stuff, try DIKO from here. Its simpler and free.
        Is it better than winavi??? I got that one but its not working well?? which is the best one???

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

IMO winavi is crap. Learn to use a good encoder such as mainconcept or Tmpgenc then author the output with a program such as Tmpgenc dvd author. All programs are easy to use and will give you much better results and more control over the final product

Comment

• mudd1568
            • Sep 2005

i use tmpgenc plus but when i go to nero to burn it says unexpected file format is there someway i can post a log to see if im doing everything correct.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

what procedures did you follow to create the file for nero?
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• mudd1568
                • Sep 2005

i followed a guide by you columbo created a folder to send the resulting file i can see that the file is in this folder and is in mpeg .

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

well that's no good. did you complete the authoring stage? you should have vobs, bups and ifo's in your video ts folder in the end.
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• mudd1568
                    • Sep 2005

ok that seems to make sense but how do i go about it do you have a guide

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

it's in the guide, you need to do some studying
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• mudd1568
                        • Sep 2005

ok thx but my trial time for tmpgenc plus has expired can you suggest something.

Comment

• techreactor
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by mudd1568
                          ok thx but my trial time for tmpgenc plus has expired can you suggest something.
                          Try out the new version of DIKO, you can use it with any Free mpeg2 encoder, and its free.

I highly recommend this to ppl who are new and then thay can move on.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by mudd1568
                            well if you just need to author, tmpgenc dvd author has 30 days (different program). but techreactor's idea looks good too.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• mudd1568
                              • Sep 2005

I would like to know if columbo or anyone else has tried tmpgenc express it sounds as tho it is better but a little more expensive.Is it better or is tmpgenc plus the same and does express work the same way as plus or do we need another guide for this.

Comment

Working...