Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amert20
    • Apr 2002

MPEG2/MPEG4 to MPEG1 conversion for VCD

I am trying to created VCD by using NERO burning software. I am trying to locate conversion software to convert movies encoded in MPEG4 to MPEG 1. Does anybody knows how to convert MPEG 4 to MPEG1 for VCD.

I am using TMPGEnc to convert MPEG 2 files to MPEG 1 so I can use NERO software to generate VCD. Sometoimes NERO complaints that the file is not complient for VCD and re-encodes it. When it re-encodes I get freezing screens, etc. Is there any other software to convert MPEG2 to MPEG 1 or am I doing something wrong in TMPGEnc during conversion?

Thanks for the help from forum.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Use TMPGEnc to convert the MPEG2 file to "MPEG1-VideoCD" and not simply "MPEG1". Then use NERO ONLY to BURN as VCD (NOT to format as VCD).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• amert20
      • Apr 2002

I chose NTSC VCD format through Load set-up in TMPGEnc. I also extracted audio by using Virtualdub into wav file. I loaded video and wav file and after choosing NSTC VCD I converted into MPEG1 - VCD through TMPGEnc. After the conversion is done I use NERO and choose VCD. Sometimes NERO compains saying that it is not compatible and ask me whether to re-encode it.

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

Are you sure you selected NTSC VCD in TMPGENC?

If you don't mind, and if your dvd player supports it, encode it as PAL VCD and see what happens.

Techno

Comment

• amert20
          • Apr 2002

I tried couple more options. After I converted with TMPGEnc to NTSC-VCD, I started NERO to burn as VCD and loaded the converted file. As usual NERO complained that it is not compatible and asked whether re-encode or burn directly, I chose the option burn directly without re-encoding. I watch the VCD's on DVD player they were almost perfect, but towards the end of the movie (last 10 minutes) audio was slightly ahead of the movie. I was wondering whether it is due to the selection of VCD-NTSCfilm in TMPGENC since audi was 23.976. Any ideas or suggesstions?

Thanks...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I was wondering whether it is due to the selection of VCD-NTSCfilm in TMPGENC since audi was 23.976."

There is no such rate related to audio (23.976 is ONLY a video framerate). If you selected a video framerate of 23.976 for the conversion and it resulted in a slight out-of-synch situation toward the end, try agian, but this time set the video framerate to 24fps...

Comment

• amert20
              • Apr 2002

Thanks. I will slightly increase and see what will happen.

Comment

• techno
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2001

Make sure, like I keep saying, the audio is 44100Hz.

Techno

Comment

Working...