• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • varunbali
    Unavailable
    • Jan 2006

Jerky PAL video

Hi,

I recently got a pal interlaced video in dvd format. After watching that video I was clearly able to conclude that the video originally in ntsc format(23.976 or 29.97 fps) & has been wrongly encoded due to which the motions in the video are jerky. Can anyone tell me on how to remove the jerkiness from that video. I just need the info to bring the video to its original frame rate so that I can encode it correctly to pal vcd format. I currently have TMPGEnc 2.5 plus, Canopus Procoder 2.0, TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress(v3.04.24) & some audio editing softwares like besweet.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i've had this too a couple times. if you were to encode it with the template to what the file should be, it should work out. (if that is the problem). just a shot in the dark, but i'd guess it was NTSCfilm (23.976 fps)

BTW when you test it out, don't encode the whole thing at first. just do like 10 seconds or something just hit "abort". just enough to playback and see
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• varunbali
      Unavailable
      • Jan 2006

Thanx I will try it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

glad to do it
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• varunbali
          Unavailable
          • Jan 2006

I tried the way u told me but the jerkiness in that pal video didn't go away. I believe the video is beyond repair. Still if u have other suggestions u can let me know. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

it is possible that file is crap. say it's a bad tv capture, there is pretty much nothing that can be done. if tmpgenc with directshow raised didn't do it with the NTSC template or the NTSCfilm+inverse telecine checked i suggest throwing it out. maybe you can get another....
            Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...