Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmace
    • Nov 2001

help needed converting HD (720p and 1080i) videos

Hi guys, I've a lot of videos in 1080i and 720p resolution in various formats

I've tried using Total Video Converter to convert them to XviD (plays smoother on the PC than TS or MPEG2) and keep their resolution but for some reason it only plays for 20 minutes or so in Windows Media Player (plays the full thing in VLC), I use Media Center to watch stuff on the TV so need it to work in WMP rather than any other programs, does anyone have any idea what's happening or what I can do?

also, does anyone know of any other programs that can convert files to XviD but keep the AC3 5.1 sound? (I've tried AutoGK but it keeps coming up with an error when I load it, even after a re-install of Windows MCE, Total Video Converter is fast but it won't keep the multi channel sound)

thanks in advance for any help
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

use "gordian knot" (not auto) to convert to xvid. you can keep 5.1 ac3.

check out the dvd-->divx/xvid guide at http://www.divx-digest.com for how to use it.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• mmace
      • Nov 2001

have tried gordian knot but it looks far too complicated

Comment

• ca197
        • Feb 2006

GKnot

GKnot may be a bit muddled but what it lacks in UI design it makes up for in power. Its well worth getting to grips with it as it is really a very good and very flexible program.

First things first read the toutorials online. Following this its a bit of trial and error. Personally I'm still getting to grips with it but each time I encode something I learn a little bit more of what makes it tick.

Comment

Working...