Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevingpo
    • Aug 2002

HELP: mpeg2 to divx conversion woes ..... :S

Ok. I have used AutoGK 1.95 (DivX 5 option) & AutoGK 2.26 (Xvid option) to convert 2 "Hauppauge DEC2000-T" mpeg2 recordings joined into one divx file. Total size of the 2 mpeg2 files = 500MB. Result size = 175MB. All settings on default (auto audio, etc). Video is fine, until it gets to the joined part, where afterwards the video is lagged by 2 seconds. Not so good.

I then used doeasier.org EasyVideoJoiner to join the 2 mpeg2 files. I verified that the joined video is ok and it was. I then used Dr. DivX 1.06 to convert the joined mpeg2 video into DivX 5 (default settings, 175MB result size). Whole video sound is lagged by 2 seconds.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some corruption going on with the 2 mpeg2 files being joined? Do I need to use VirtualDubbMod to re-calculate/re-save the joined mpeg2 file?
  • kevingpo
    • Aug 2002

Ok, I've tried DivXing the 2 separate files separately in a queue/batch job. Both are fine. Then I used EasyVideoJoiner. No fun. Same results. Something is definitely going wrong with the joining. Probably something to do with keyframes? I'll probably have to use VirtualDubMod to join them manually. Sigh.

Comment

• ajp
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Mar 2005

Why do they need to be one file? Can it not be two seperate files?

Comment

• kevingpo
        • Aug 2002

All this time I been thinking/wondering why AutoGK, Dr. DivX wouldn't work. Then I found this by google:

Looks like the dec2000-recording is tight/strict and makes invalid mpeg2 files? I have to gop-fix/resize my dec2000-recordings. Why? What is gop and why I have to de-gop my recordings before I can divx encode?

Wish Dr. Divx or AutoGK did this automatically. Anyway, was wondering which best programs can degop good? I heard ProjectX can, however when I tried using ProjectX I didn't know what to do, so hard. Any advice or tips?

Comment

• tapsi
          • Feb 2006

oh

Comment

• kevingpo
            • Aug 2002

Thanks guys, I liked using VideoReDo & MPEG Video MPEG Wizard... but now my 14 days trial for VideoReDo is up and can't continue to use free trail of MPEG Video Wizard.

I am now trying ProjectX to demux, then MPEG2Cutt (German program), then TMPGEnc simple mux to remux them together, and am back to where I used to be. ... fingers crossed

Comment

Working...