X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickb23
    • Apr 2006

Converting DVD to XVID for Portable DVD Player with letterbox bars

Hi All,

I have just bought a portable DVD player which plays DIVX and XVIDs, which seems to be really good. I have no problem converting normal films to XVID, if they are being played on my PC or XBOX, but I have found a problem when they play on my new DVD player.
    It seems most of the films I have on DVD are at 2:35 apsect ratio. When I convert them using AutoGK, the are converted correctly with no black bars top and bottom - just the image. When I then play this file off dvd on my dvd player (7" 16:9 screen) it does not keep the 2:35 AR, and then just fills the whole screen so that the picture is vertically streched. What I need to do is to somehow when I convert it to XVID add the black letterbox bars so that it is in effect a 16:9 AVI. Does anyone if I can do this with AutoGK? I am looking at Gordian Knot, but I am really blown away with all the options and would not know what to do.

many thanks
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

there should be an aspect ratio setting-- explore the menu/remote setings.

i don't use AGK, but i'd imagine it uses avisynth to crop the borders, you could edit the script to your liking-- crop() and addborders()
    Last edited by anonymez; 29 Apr 2006, 10:24 AM. Reason: server too busy!
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...