Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alancharmed
    • Jan 2002

no audio streaming?

I am having problems when cutting divx or avi. i am using v dub, and cut the movie and use direct streaming for both audio and video, however a few seconds into saving it as avi, the audio marker changes from audio streaming YES to NO. any ideas? please help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) What version of VirtualDub are you using?

2) What video codec was used and what audio format was used to create the file? In order to determine this, do the following:

A) Load the file into VirtualDub

B) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

C) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

"the audio marker changes from audio streaming YES to NO"

Just where are you seeing this?

Comment

• alancharmed
      • Jan 2002

no audio streaming

file info is:

Video

frame size 720x480,23976fps (41708 u.s.)
      # of frames 181548 (2.06.12)
      decompressor divx mpeg4 fast motion
      Number of keyframes 757
      key frame size 1695/12264/36714/ (9067k)
      delta key frame size 0/3111/49908/(549335)

Audio
      sample rate 24000hz
      channels 2 (stereo)
      sample precision 0-bit
      compression mpeg layer 3 (professional)
      preload skew 27657 samples (1.155)
      #of frames 1894
      total frame size 27657/279999/28178/51789)k

As for where am i seeing it, when i click save as avi, and the progress window appears i click on the right hand tab and it shows optimizing for preview NO and the details of video and audio streaming, this is where it is changing from yes to no. loadsa info here, sorry, but hop yoiu can help. many thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Your difficulty is probably arising as a consequence of the approximate 100:1 audio:video interleaving ratio (Audio frames 1,894 video frames 181,548 frames) - typically done to save a few Megs of filesize.

I'd suggest that you simply load the file into VirtualDub, set both "Audio" and "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and save the .AVI with a new filename. Since, by default, VirtualDub is set for 1:1 audio:video interleaving, the newly saved file should "behave properly" when cutting.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• alancharmed
          • Jan 2002

I tried it, alas, no joy, still changes from yes to no in the audio section. any other ideas ? cheers Alan

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

Sorry, I did not see, what version of Virtualdub are you using? Try to use v1.4.10

Techno

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

I presume that the problem you're having is that either you get no audio for the second half, or the audio goes out of synch.

Does the original .AVI play properly ALL the way through (video and audio synchronized?

If it does, the only other suggestion I would have is:

1) Load the original .AVI into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" drodpown menu, select "Save as WAV" and enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extension

3) Then set "Audio" to "No Audio" and "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" - and save this SILENT .AVI with a new filename

4) Close VirtualDub and then restart it (cautionary)

5) Load the SILENT .AVI

6) From under the "Audio" dropdown menu select "WAV audio" and load your .WAV file

7) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Processing" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"

8) From under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Conversion" - and choose either 22,050 or 44,100

9) From under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and choose a corresponding MPEG Layer 3 (MP3) setting (either any of the 22,050 choices, if that's the conversion you chose, or any of the 44,100 settings, if that's the conversion you chose)

10) Save with a new filename

Comment

Working...