Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foolofthehill
    • May 2006

Convertion problem Winavi Nandub v1.0rc2

Since I'm a newby here, Hello to all of you, hope you're doin' fine.
    I love your smilies......

Well, I've been reading to a lot of threads here, but as more I read as less I do understand.
    So I thought it's time to ask for some input.....

Well, I've got some movie files here, which I try to convert using WinAVI . Before doing so, I checked the avi file with Gspot. Though Gspot tells me that I have all necessary codes installed (see screen shot), it still can't render it.
    I tried to play the file in WMClassic and VLC and JetAudio. They all can play it. So I thought I'll try to convert it anyways to mpeg1, which I do with all my videos before burning them on CD with NeroSmart (version 2, 0, 0, 26).I burn VCD's since I do not have a DVD burner
    And there the problems starts. WinAVI can't render the graph and ask me to make sure that the file can be played in the WMP.
    I believe I've got all necessary codecs loaded (see attached text file).

That was, let's say, one week ago and after someone adviced me to use videofixer I thought my probs were solved.

Well, guess my cheers came to early......and now I'm back with the problem described above.
    My problem seems to be connected to all files which appear in Gspot with the following lines:

[ISFT] Nandub v1.0rc2
    [JUNK] Nandub build 1852
    [JUNK] release

All other files I can convert without any problem.I've Winavi upgraded to the newst version (7.5) and have used the video fixer with those files. Well, no joy with either. Whenever I try to convert those files my Winavi crashes.

Any ideas, which could lead to a solution??
    Attached Files
  • celtic_druid
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

MPC has built in filters. VLC doesn't use dshow at all. I don't know about JetAudio. From the codecs list it does appear to include some filters.

I would start by re-registering quartz.dll. This will make sure that MS' avi splitter is working. Your system to me looks like a mess though with codec packs and the like.

Comment

• foolofthehill
      • May 2006

Originally Posted by celtic_druid
      MPC has built in filters. VLC doesn't use dshow at all. I don't know about JetAudio. From the codecs list it does appear to include some filters.

I would start by re-registering quartz.dll. This will make sure that MS' avi splitter is working. Your system to me looks like a mess though with codec packs and the like.
      Hello celtic_druid
      Thanks for your reply.
      As I mentioned in my post above, the more I read the less I understand
      MPC?? How do I re-register quarz.dll and where is it located?? How is MS'avi splitter (what ever that is) related to my convertion problem?
      And, as you say, the mess with my codecs, how do I clean this up?? And why does this mess not interfere with any other things I'm doing in regard to movies? I've been converting around 300 movies with only one where I had to install another codec (Voxware).
      I appreciate you looking at this and will surely try your suggestions as far as I can understand them

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

MPC=Media Player Classic.
        BTW,forget WinAVI.Try ur conversion with TMPGEnc(the MPEG1 supported version is free).
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• celtic_druid
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

quartz.dll will be in your system folder. Drag and drop it onto regsvr32.exe which you will find in the same folder.

The reason I suggested it is because your graph seems to be having problems connecting with your avi splitter.

Comment

• foolofthehill
            • May 2006

@paglamon
            Thanks for your input. Actually, your hint reminded me that I have TMPGEnc version 2.59 on my system, though I haven't installed it so far because Winavi had me absolutely convinced with its speed (less than 30 min for a 650MB movie).
            But I definitely will give it a try, and of course, will post back to let you know how I got on with it...

@celtic_druid
            Well, I've tried to do it the way you suggested. Unfortunately, I got following error messages:

1st)
            The procedure entry point SMapLS could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
            (this message I got 2 times followed by......)
            2nd)
            LoadLibrary ("D:\Windows.000\System\Quartz.dll") failed.
            GetLastError returns 0x0000007f

Since both messages are like "Chinese backwards" for me, I do not know how to take this.
            Please advice....

Time: 11.02 p.m.
            Well it didn't take me long to find out with TMPGEnc version 2.59. After installing I straight went to convert. The first thing I recognized was that I could not adjust the smaple rates and all the stuff I usually do with Winavi (but that might have been because I'm fairly new with that program)
            The specs I let it run with were the following, (though the movie itself has 48,000hz / 384kbps and 23.976 fps):
            Video-CD PAL (MPEG-1 352x288 25fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps)
            Anyways, I thought I give it a try and see what happens. And that's what happened:
            Error Message:
            Write error occured at address 00401F1A of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 00001F52

Write error occured at address 00401C9F of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 02E3BD04

Any suggestions???
            Last edited by foolofthehill; 16 May 2006, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

I have sent a PM to Lt Columbo.He is better acquainted with TMPGEnc.
              sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• foolofthehill
                • May 2006

Originally Posted by paglamon
                I have sent a PM to Lt Columbo.He is better acquainted with TMPGEnc.
                Thanks a lot......looking forward to hearing from him

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

hello foolofthehill

please pin point exactly which step produces this error.

a few things to make sure of.

1) is the directshow reader raised in environmental>vfapi settings?

2) when you extracted the program, did you extract all contents to the ONE and SAME folder? uninstalling and re-installing might be worth a try if you're not sure.

3) try running it from TMPGEnc's ".exe" file instead of a possible shortcut on your desktop.

4) you may have a codec/conflict problem

try this please,
                  Last edited by LT. Columbo; 16 May 2006, 02:58 AM.
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• foolofthehill
                    • May 2006

Well, first thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.
                    I went to your requests and made screen shots from all the relevant things link the environment settings, the Pegasys program folder and last but not least from the Virtualhub File info, since I had this program already on my system as well.
                    And then, when I came to try to reproduce the error messages (but this time by starting TMPGEnc using the .exe from the program folder), I feel like someone beat me on my head.
                    Because, instead that the error mistake occured again, the program started to convert the movie
                    However, since I do have another 2 movies which showed the same problem, I will post my screen shots anyway, in case I have to come back to ask for more of your great advices
                    And in case you'll ever have some trouble relating gnutella, feel free to contact me at the gnutella forums with the same user name that I use here. Then I might be able to "pay" you back

Besides, the only concern I do have now, regarding the movie which is converting at present, is the different specs regarding Hz and fps.
                    What impact will that have on the converted file and why can't I change the settings according to the base file (i.e. the avi movie)

Cheers
                    Mario
                    Attached Files

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ok, nothing unusal you are working with. for something like that i use xvid myself. but i really suggest to abort the encoding (or you can take a chance), and raise directshow as described at the beginning of this guide. and use the same settings. even if it finishes, raise it for future projects.

otherwise you may get stream writing errors as the encoding progresses. that guide is for dvd conversion but is very similar for VCD, you must encode to VCD standard so use the wizard with the VCD NTSC Film template. any questions as far as set-up i'll do my best to keep you movin
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• foolofthehill
                        • May 2006

Well, as your governor once said........I'll be back......
                        I just checked on the converted movie and nothing strange occured, however, I followed your advice to raise the priority in the environment settings and I'm in the progress of converting file No.2. Let's see how it turns out.

Comment

Working...