Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theseeker2654
    • Mar 2002

Fix Unsynchronized Movie?

Im a little out of the game so I was wondering what the best way to go about fixing a sync problem in one of my movies. Do I demultiplex with tmpgenc?? then remultiplex? or should i use virtualdub to try and fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

open file in virtual dub.

extract whole audio as wav

then, put the audio and video together in TMPGENC (if ur creating MPEG) or in virtualdub (IF ur creating avi)

This should do it, make sure audio is 44100Hz.

Techno

Comment

• theseeker2654
      • Mar 2002

All right... I have my avi loaded into vd. but i cant see a way to just rip out the audio.. cause you can do direct stream only with video settings but that means the output will still have video and audio..... so im thinking... would it work to go direct stream copy on video settings then go full processing mode on audio, and mess around with the interleaving settings to sync it up? Let me know what you guys think.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

would it work to go direct stream copy on video settings then go full processing mode on audio, and mess around with the interleaving settings to sync it up? Let me know what you guys think.
        You're right on that. Just set both video and audio to Direct Stream Copy though.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"and mess around with the interleaving settings to sync it up?"

The ONLY setting you need to adjust (in VirtualDub) is the "Audio skew correction"...

Comment

• cheftaz
            • Apr 2002

It is actually quite simple. Use tmpgenc and load your source. Now click on settings/advanced. Put a check mark in source range. Now double click on"source range" You should see a little box at the bottom "audio gap correct" If your movie has the audio before the video use negative numbers. If your vid is ahead of audio use positive numbers. eg I had a movie where aud was ahead of vid set audio gap to -200 and encoded 2 minutes. Wasn't quite right so adjusted to -300 and now have perfectly insynch movie. You should just make a 2-3 minute clip and check to make any adjustments before encoding whole movie Once you set the aud gap click ok, check that there is still a check in source range and click ok. brings you back to main window now just click start
            Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

Working...