Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [H]arbinger
    • Apr 2002

3.11a to 4.x/5 Divx

Ok I am planning on buying the sigma designs x-card . It only supports 4.2 or greater . How can I take the movies I got now and convert them to 4.2 or greater ?
  • Erci
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2001

I'm not sure that it won't effect the quality, but open the file in virtualdub and set viedo to full processing mode and audio to direct stream copy. Choose to compress the video with divx 4.x and see how it works out.

//Erci
    DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Erci
      I'm not sure that it won't effect the quality
      I'am sure it will affect quality, IMO you should never reencode unless the codec you reencode to offer substantial better compression, as with DVD->divx conversions.

Anyway buying the X-card might not be the brightest idear atm, from what I hear (at doom9 and divx.com) the X-card doesn't support any of the Divx5 pro features and you have to encode at 4/3 aspect ratio.

The aspect ratio problems might be solved by a driver revision, but the lacking support for the divx5 pro features (if true) probably can't be solved with new drivers, this makes it rather uninterresting product in my view.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Erci
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by khp

The aspect ratio problems might be solved by a driver revision, but the lacking support for the divx5 pro features (if true) probably can't be solved with new drivers, this makes it rather uninterresting product in my view.
        I have to say that I agree with you. It doesn't sound very good.

//Erci
        DVD Backup Guide

Comment

Working...