Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpainx
    • Aug 2006

Looking for the best resolution AVI

Hey I'm looking to put all my DVDs on my computer so I can watch them through Media Center and I can't get a great resolution. I've tried
    Dvd Decrypter with winavi Vid Converter
    Magic DVD Ripper alone
    Plato DVD Ripper witch had the best video but it cut in and out of black pluse no audio.
    I don't want all the menus or extras just the movie. I have a lot of movie so im looking for something that is easy and fast ( Like everyone else I'm sure )
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Will
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

the "best" resolution would be identical (or no resizing) to the source, an anamorphic encode. for highest quality you can't go past MeGUI and x264 or xvid, but for something easier try staxrip
    Last edited by anonymez; 6 Aug 2006, 06:14 PM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• xpainx
      • Aug 2006

Know of any good tut.?

Comment

• xpainx
        • Aug 2006

I was hoping to run these a little faster i have tons of dvds and @ 2hrs it will take me the next year or so?!?
        Help!!

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

Know of any good tut.?
          this should get you started http://project357.com/MeGUIwiki/inde...itle=Main_Page

I was hoping to run these a little faster i have tons of dvds and @ 2hrs it will take me the next year or so?!?
          it's a time consuming process-- if you want decent compression (high quality/low file size) you'll have to do it over time. can take anywhere between 4-24 hours per dvd, depending on system specs, res, length, settings, filters, etc.
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...