How to burn an avi or xvid movie to play it in a dvd player ?????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saleen
    • Jan 2006

How to burn an avi or xvid movie to play it in a dvd player ?????

Hi

I download few movie on the net but i can only burn it in vcd or svcd mode using 2 normal cd because the movie is to big to fit on only one cd and i have to compress it a lot to fit on 2 cd. Can i use a program that can compress or convert a movie to fit on one blank cd or blank dvd ????????
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Most of the standalone players these days will play XviD or DivX encoded AVI flawlessly.So ,u can burn ur XviD as Data-DVD and it will play in ur player.But ,first confirm that ur player supports XviD/DivX.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

there is also Kvcd. for the work and quality loss, i'd rather get a 40$ new player thta plays xvid though....
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• xistenz
        • Aug 2006

If you are looking for a program to compress your file, then DVD shrink is what you need.

If you are looking for a converter, I can recommend you ConvertxtoDVD, AVI2DVD, WINAVI...

try any of those program and see if it will help you

Comment

• lostinlodos
          Banned
          • Jan 2005

XviD or DviX enabled players are the easiest thing for you to utilize. If that is not an option, or the file is not in an AVI in one of those two formats (which are nowhere near as popular as some posters on this board want you to think) there are other easy options.

The highest quality way to convert a video without going to $1000 software is to use the relatively inexpensive NeroVision. The trial version can convert it for you if this is a one time type thing for you. you can download it from Nero's website or any number of other sites out there. The latest series of releases support Blu-Ray as well if you decide to keep it.

To use the trial version, first install the K-lite complete/full codec pack (it has an identical file in it that Nero charges for) then install Nero. Click on the start link for NeroVision and choose burn to DVD or Copy to DVD from the menu, depending on your version. It may also be Make DVD. click through the next buttons and add menus, chapter breaks, etc. then burn it. It also makes VCD/SVCD and MiniDVDs on a CD for you.

If this is going to be a regular thing for you you can move up to one of the Adobe suites as they can handle anything you may want to do, ever. They cost alot, but you get what you pay for and the current software from Adobe can make HD DVDs and Blu-Ray DVDs, and with the proper plug-ins, can handle the 15 or so other HD formats out there as well.

Comment

• cobrared4
            • Jun 2006

avi2dvd

i have the same problem trying to convert a avi file to iso so i can burn it,i d/l avi2dvd but i can't get it to let me pick an audio stream, i went on to the forums page for this problem and they said i should change the file path if anybody has any experience with please help i will need u to break it down for me because i am a noob at this

Comment

• xistenz
              • Aug 2006

I cant help you with avi2dvd, i have never used it myself and besides why would you convert your .avi files to ISO?

Anyway if you want to convert your .avi files to ISO, TMPGenc can do that.

If you are reffering to watch your .avi files on your standalone DVD player, which does not support Xvid/Divx format, then you will have to convert them to DVD files.

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Speaking of DivX Stand-alone players ... which Brand do you guys like for under $60 ... Philips or Panasonic, or Toshiba? For the "Quality" of the Video playback?

Thanks!
                G!

Comment

• cobrared4
                  • Jun 2006

u r right x i asked the wrong question i do want to convert it to a dvd file any sugg.

Comment

• xistenz
                    • Aug 2006

Originally Posted by cobrared4
                    u r right x i asked the wrong question i do want to convert it to a dvd file any sugg.
                    Check out ConvertXtoDVD.

Comment

• cobrared4
                      • Jun 2006

ty got it works great

Comment

• lostinlodos
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
                        Speaking of DivX Stand-alone players ... which Brand do you guys like for under $60 ... Philips or Panasonic, or Toshiba? For the "Quality" of the Video playback?

Thanks!
                        G!
                        Try an Aspire. If you can be, well, gentle with it, they are dirt cheap, and play just about anything you can throw at it, DVD, +r, -R, -RW, -RW -Ram XviD DivX WMA WAV MP3 WMV MP2, MPG/EG. One with every feature will run about $40-$70, but like I said, they're made of plastic, hence the price, so treat it like a woman, and she'll make you real happy.

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Hi Lostinlodos,

Thanks for the Player Info ... and dude you are one funny guy ... when you said handle her like a woman and she will nice to you ... in my case it never works ... they get meaner to me.

THANKS AGAIN,
                          G!

Comment

• lostinlodos
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2005

Lite-on also makes a home player, but you'll need to get it from one of the non-US amazon sites, try amazon.co.jp or amazon.co.uk. It runs about $69.99 and plays just about everything, but it's fussy with burns. If there is even a minor burn err it will fail you. I just got a new Aspire AD-8000, and I'm happy. It's built better than the rest, but it's more expensive.

Comment

• coolcat
                              • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by cobrared4
                              i have the same problem trying to convert a avi file to iso so i can burn it,i d/l avi2dvd but i can't get it to let me pick an audio stream, i went on to the forums page for this problem and they said i should change the file path if anybody has any experience with please help i will need u to break it down for me because i am a noob at this
                              Try this
                              change the file name and have it end with .avi

them move it to your c disk and then use the avi2DVD program - that worked for me. And just remember all the .'; stuff you can not use to name a file with.

Comment

Working...