Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • movienuthouse
    • Sep 2006

Not Loading into AVI2DVD? no audio?

Firstly --- sorry admin, I originally posted this in incorrect section, I have now deleted that thread and am going to start again, I hope this is okay, as the original was clearly in the wrong section, I just didnt realise until after. Thanks mate...
    --------------------------

Hello all, i just made my first DVD using AVI2DVD, as it is totally free and seemed to do the job perfectly with a 700mb AVI file, the problem is most of my AVI files are full length movies but made smaller like 300MB, .... okay I have tried with 3 diff AVI files, and they are not loading into the AVI2DVD program...

here is the summary I get when I click properties...

251mb

Image:
    Width - 352
    Height - 240

Audio:
    Duration: 1:17:09
    Bitrate - 56kbps
    Audio Format - MPEG Layer-3

Video:
    Frame Rate - 14fps
    Data Rate - 55bps
    Video Smaple Size - 24bit
    Video Compression - MS-MPEG4 V3

the first video I did was MP3 audio, when I load this into GSPOT it just says MPEG Layer-3 but no MP3 or anything..... can these files be done?

How?

or do I have to stick to High Quality AVI for it to work. The thing is these videos are made to be 'smaller' - 'lower quality' as you can see.... I just have loads of them and want to make DVD's as they are cluttering my Hard Drives

anyone have the solution...?

thanks in advance
  • xistenz
    • Aug 2006

Originally Posted by movienuthouse

Hello all, i just made my first DVD using AVI2DVD, as it is totally free and seemed to do the job perfectly with a 700mb AVI file, the problem is most of my AVI files are full length movies but made smaller like 300MB

How did you do that and why did you do it?

I just dont understand why you would make it smaller

Comment

• movienuthouse
      • Sep 2006

I did'nt do it, thats just the way the come in 2 parts (CD1,CD2) anywhere from say 120mb - 300mb each, and all have roughly the specs above, so I am wanting to know how I can use AVI2DVD to encode these low quality avi files. The first file I was refering to (700mb file) was just an example that I know how to use AVI2DVD , but it only seems to work with high quality AVI's (700mb+) same goes with TPMGEnc Plus, they both won't load low quality AVI's, does anyone know a way to fix this, I know it can be done as I have seen low quality DVD's burned before, and have been given a few, and from the quality I would say they were not very good quality AVI's.

Can anyone help me please?

by the way,I did'nt make it smaller, this is just the way I get them, and I want to turn them to DVDs, thats all I am asking how to do.

Thanks in advance, I would appreciate an encoding master if they could help me out on this

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

try mediacoder or super since these are substandard as you say. lot less headache and they are both free.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...