Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckvelvet
    • Sep 2006

VOB to MPEG conversion

Any opinions as to the best software to use for converting VOB files to MPEG? I have tried VOB2MPG but it fails to convert most of my ripped DVD collection, not sure why.

The VOB files have been generated with DVD Shrink for streaming to XBOX 360 via Media Center.... yes I know I can use Transcoder360 to stream .ISO directly but the audio is always woefully out of sync and despite tinkering with T360 I can't seem to crack this one.

The .VOB's that I have managed to convert so far work a treat through XBOX so I am happy with this method, I just need a reliable VOB-MPEG converter.

I have tried VideoRedo (trial version) and it seems to do the job but as it's a trial i'm not able to do any more than 30 minutes worth and as it's $50 I am reluctant to layout the cash without hard evidence.

Any opinions would be very welcome.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Any opinions as to the best software to use for converting VOB files to MPEG?
    no conversion needed, just rename the extensions to .mpg

however if all you wish to do is have a single mpg file, it can be done during decrypting; run decrypter, tools-->settings-->file mode-->file splitting. set it to 'none'. you should be able to select audio streams during this step via stream processing too.

I have tried VideoRedo (trial version) and it seems to do the job but as it's a trial i'm not able to do any more than 30 minutes worth and as it's $50 I am reluctant to layout the cash without hard evidence.
    been using it for over a year, brilliant application
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...