Creating DVD from avi,mpeg,mpeg2, etc...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Triumphdog
    • Jan 2005

Creating DVD from avi,mpeg,mpeg2, etc...

I have been using Intervideo WinDVD Creator 2. Anyhow, it works FINE for me if the file size will be less than 4.4 gigs (or whatever a normal dvd is). BUT, if the combined video files are to large, it will say prior to encoding "the file size is going to be to large, continue anyway?". Which I just want to open up the file in shrink and be able to shrink it down to fit onto a normal disc. So I guess my main question is, what is a good program that will take avi, mpeg, mpeg2, etc. make them into a dvd format (so I can open them into shrink) and then burn them onto a disc, regardless of size (because of shrink making it fit). Or if there is an option to make it so that WinDVD will not destroy the file just because it is to large, thus making it unreadable. Thanks a lot fellas...
  • olyteddy
    • Nov 2006

Can't you just change the BitRate of the WinDVD encoder so you won't have to shrink? I know the uLead authoring programs allow that.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

So I guess my main question is, what is a good program that will take avi, mpeg, mpeg2, etc. make them into a dvd format (so I can open them into shrink) and then burn them onto a disc, regardless of size (because of shrink making it fit).
      TMPGEnc Plus and TMPGEnc dvd author will produce dvd files that shrink will happily accept and shrink.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• olyteddy
        • Nov 2006

If he sets the bitrate right, he shouldn't have to use shrink.

Comment

• Triumphdog
          • Jan 2005

Actually fellas, I just realized that I can burn them as DVD Data DVDs and that my DVD player reads them as divx, but thanks for responding dudes...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by olyteddy
            If he sets the bitrate right, he shouldn't have to use shrink.
            right, but using high bitrates then shrink with DA and AEC make excellent video.
            to me shrink is part of the "TMPGEnc Triangle"
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• olyteddy
              • Nov 2006

So Shrink as an 'optimizer' is a good idea? Who'd a thunk. That actually solves a question I had. Thanx.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

no prob. the simple thing is that compression with TMPGEnc reduces quality much more than shrink with DA and AEC. if you have time to spend you can fit 3 hrs of video on a dvd-5 with very little noticeable quality loss using shrink.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...