X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zad1
    • Apr 2005

Convert .gvi to DVD

Hi
    Can anyone give me some advice on how to turn a Google Video file (.gvi) into a DVD file, to put onto DVD so it is watchable on stand alone players?
    Or, secondly, if you can open a .gvi file in DVDShrink to change it's size?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

.gvi is a regular avi file, mpeg4 video, mp3 audio. rename the extension to avi, and use search to find various methods for getting it on DVD.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• zad1
      • Apr 2005

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've been trying to download Avi2Dvd, but it seems you can't get it for free anymore? Is that right? The download page doesn't seem to co-operate with me. Or maybe it's just late.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Codecs.com | Download Avi2Dvd 0.6: Avi2Dvd is an all in one tool that converts the most common video formats to DVD with minimum effort
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• zad1
          • Apr 2005

Thanks, that download works. I'll give that a try.

Comment

• zad1
            • Apr 2005

It worked!
            Thanks anonymez. I've converted a couple of .avi files into DVDs successfully now. But although they're small as .avi files, they take up a whole DVD after conversion.
            I've since found my DVD player will play .avi files (once I fixed the sound stream problems I talked about in another thread). I was quite amazed to find it plays them even when I put them on a blank CD (never tried that before). So now I'm questioning the wisdom of turning them into DVD files, except that I can open them in DVD Shrink, which is handy for cutting/editing them.

Thanks for your help

Comment

• lovegvi
              • Jan 2008

".gvi is a regular avi file" really? why i have found a lots of converters which convert gvi to avi

Comment

Working...