• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

ok, done YAMB'in.

couldn't even play this .mp4 naturally, but SUPER converted it to mpeg-2
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jwmghf
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2004

Hey guys:

So here's what I did. I uninstalled everything and re-installed it. Super seems to be working. I have created an mpg that is 1.27gb. I did, however, create it with the DirectShow checkmarked. Lt: Do I need to create it without DirectShow and just use ffmpeg?

I tried to run it through TMPGEnc Author and I got a video resolution error:

The video resolution 480x256 cannot be used for a standard DVD. and

The video framerate 29.97fps cannot be used with the resolution 480x256

What's my next move?

Thanks,

jwmghf
      System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
      Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• jwmghf
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2004

Here is what I am trying:

I have "ffmpeg" and "Use DirectShow" selected.

I double-clicked on the mp4 file in Super to find out the file specs (ie. Video Scale Size, Aspect, Frames/Sec) and changed them accordingly. I did nothing with the Bitrate kbps or the Options catagory.

I changed nothing in the Audio area at all. The Sampling frequency was set at the right frequency. It's now creating the mpg and I will report my progress tomorrow.

Later for now,

jwmghf
        System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by jwmghf
          Hey guys:

So here's what I did. I uninstalled everything and re-installed it. Super seems to be working. I have created an mpg that is 1.27gb. I did, however, create it with the DirectShow checkmarked. Lt: Do I need to create it without DirectShow and just use ffmpeg?

I tried to run it through TMPGEnc Author and I got a video resolution error:

The video resolution 480x256 cannot be used for a standard DVD. and

The video framerate 29.97fps cannot be used with the resolution 480x256

What's my next move?

Thanks,

jwmghf
          ffmpeg or directshow don't matter. you are making NTSC dvd? if so use 720x480 or 352x480 with 29fps (assuming the source was 29) in SUPER. if you don't you will get the error in dvd author as you mentioned.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jwmghf
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

I did just as you said and I got an error anyway. It says:

TMPGEnc DVD Author

Cannot load DLL file "Resample.dll

What does that mean?

Thanks,

jwmghf
            System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

the folder that contains TMPGEnc.exe should contain the following DLL files:

P3Package.dll
              P4Package.dll
              Resample.dll

if you move TMPGEnc.exe somewhere else, it won't work. it must reside in its folder, which contains those dll's and other files it needs. maybe you could re-install it?
              Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...