Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quasims
    • May 2002

Sync problems after joing AVI's

I ripped a VCD which has several video .dat files converted to DivX by codec 5.0.1 using Virtualdub each track was perfectly converted on its own as far as the sync was concerned... but after joining these tracks into a single AVI file... Sync problems started... donno what to do... as don't have experience with DivX or Virtualdub... plz help
  • druj
    • Dec 2002

I've encountered the same problem joining .avis made with the Xvid codec from VCDs. Each individual file is in sync, but when joined goes out of sync after the first section. I've performed this flawlessly a hundred times with files encoded w/divx 3.11 low motion. Could it be a question of bitrate? I've only had this problem since I started encoding w/variable bitrate. Files I encode with CBR join perfectly. Unfortunately quality/size ratio isn't nearly as good as VBR. What settings are you using on your video codec? Maybe we can figure this out ourselves since the veterans haven't replied yet. Or at least confirm my suspicions.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

For the SECOND .AVI only, enter 12,000 in VirtualDub's "audio skew corrrction" ("Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving"). You may have to adjust the amount.

IMPORTANT - If you are doing this AFTER you've already created the second .AVI, in VirtualDub, set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying".

Comment

Working...