Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patcat88
    • Nov 2001

Spliting avi?

How do I split a 1.2 bg avi into 600mb pieces and I don't need Nandub or Virtualdub (they crash on seeking). I've tryed avisplitter aviedit avi edit crashed while avisplitter didn't do anything (just copied the file) can some one recommend any onther ways I could split it?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I'd suggest to you that if three programs crashed and the fourth did nothing with your file, chances are quite good that you've got a faulty file...

Have you played this file, from the very beginning to the very end - and, if so, did you observe anything unusual in the playback?

On the outside chance that the problem may lie in the format of the file, why don't you do the following?:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Airliner
      • May 2002

whats your system info?

Comment

• patcat88
        • Nov 2001

I got a screen capture. System specs are Dell Dimension XPS R400, 400 mhz p2, noname geforce2 mx400 64mb,512 mb ram, win2000 pro, 80 gig and 2.1 gb hard drives, sb live 5.1, linksys lne100tx v4, TDK 24X10X40b burner, 2x hitachi GD2000 (ibm oem) DVD.
        Attached Files

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Try upgrading to divx5.0.2 it should help you with vdub locking up (not crashing, correct ?) when seeking.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...