X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eMpTy
    • May 2002

Bad Audio / Video synchronization

Hi,

I just ripped and encoded my Harry Potter DVD (for backup purposes) using FlaskMPEG and DivX 5.01.
    I encoded the Audio with MPEG I Layer 3, 224 kbps and had the DivX Encoder do two passes, with a bitrate setting of 1500 bps.

Now I have a Harry Potter DivX Avi (very good video quality,actually), however, the Video/Audio Snchronization is very bad. I think it's even worse at the end than at the beginning, which makes it very difficult to correct the problem with the Virtual Dub Audio Interleave Function.
    In the first half hour you could correct it be setting the audio delay to 100ms, but in the last 1 3/4 hours, its almost 2 seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem? Do you know any programs or tools that can help me fix my Avi File? Do you know what settings I should use in Virtual Dub? Or should I re-encode the whole DVD using FlaskMPEG with different settings?

Thanks

eMpTy
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try reencoding it with Flask - with audio set to Uncompressed PCM (.WAV) 48,000Hz. The load it into VirtualDub and convert the audio to .MP3 at 44,100Hz.

Remember, in VIrtual Dub, to set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"...

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

ain't that sweet?

setarip, why is it not good to convert the audio as wav to 44100hz when encoding in flask? will it cause more probs?

Comment

• ssisme000
        • May 2002

Try GraphEdit. I had the same problem when encoding SVCD.
        Now I don't have audio synch problem anymore.

Tools: GraphEdit(for rip WAV out of Vob)
        Tmpeg( for encoding to mpeg 1 layer 2 or layer 3)
        Xmux (for multiplexing)
        I always encode Video and Audio separately.
        Hope this will help

Comment

Working...