X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony L
    • Oct 2006

How to burn avi through ashampoo

Sorry if im in the wrong thread.

Can you help, i want to burn a film that is in avi file on my hdd through ashampoo. At first i converted it to iso than burned it through ashampoo then when i tried to play it on my dvd player it said wrong disc.
    I've look at all the things on ashompoo but don't seem to be able to bur a disc that will play on my dvd player.
    Thanks.
  • src2206
    • Jan 2007

There can be two cases:

1. Your stand alone player recognizes and plays AVI file:

In this case, do not make an ISO/ image file. Just burn the AVI file as a Data on the blank disc and it should play without any problem in your player.

2. Your player does not recognize or play AVI files:

In this case either buy a new player which does or convert the AVI file or you need to convert the AVI file to DVD/VCD depending on the capability of your existing player.

If you need to convert to DVD, use AVI2DVD [free] or ConvertXToDVD [paid].

If you are interested in VCD, then use TMpeg Enc [free for VCD conversion only].

It will be better if you can post the detail of your file here if you are for conversion. To get the file details, download MediaInfo [free] and post the report of your file that it gives. It will help us to give you more specific suggestions.

Cheers

Comment

• Mr.PAD
      • Jan 2007

How to burn DivX Avis without converting to DVD

I`d like to know, just to save a bit of time, how to burn my files (Divx avis) straight to Vcd so I can view the film.
      I`m using Ahampoo 6, and Bero 7 Premium.
      ConvertX2DVD is great but it takes its time.
      All suggestions welcome

Comment

• src2206
        • Jan 2007

Again you are mixing up things. VCD has a different file format [generally shown as .dat file by computers] whereas AVI files are completely different. So to watch this on a Stand Alone player you have any of the following options:

1. Convert the AVI to VCD.

2. Convert theAVI to DVD.

3. Burn the AVI as DATA using your Ashampoo on a CDR/DVD, provided your Stand Alone player recognizes AVI file.

Comment

Working...