Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.PAD
    • Jan 2007

MPEG Movie Conversion

I have recorded a film fron the TV. The Datei is MPEG Movie.
    Can you convert this to a ready to burn S/VCD or DVD to play in my stand alone DVD player.
    Will Nero 7 convert it?
    What is the best way?
    Thanks
    Mr.PAD
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

If it is an MPEG I would think that nero would be able to make that a S/VCD with no problems.

Or you could convert that to a compatable DVD format and burn to a DVD and have the whole video on 1 disc unless its a small video. I am not sure what TV show your doing.

Do you have nero ?

If you do there is an option to make a VCD or S/VCD

It has been a while since I have made a VCD I cold be wrong on that you may need MPEG 2 for super vcd. Not 100% sure if nero will convert that or not I think it does though. (trying to remember I am getting old )

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• src2206
      • Jan 2007

I will never suggest NERO7, it never does anything good to a video file but ruining the result. Its a crap except for burning DATA CD/DVD.

Now the point you should clear Mr. Pad is, what type of MPEG is it, 1 or 2. If it is in 2, then you can easily convert that to either (s)vcd or DVD. But if it is in MPEG!, there is no use of converting to either (S)VCD or DVD, as you will never get a better result in terms of quality. In that case just use VCDEasy to burn the MPEG1 file on a disc as a VCD.

Incase it is in MPEG2, use DVD Styler [free software] to author the file to DVD mode. If you are interested in paid version then DVD Lab Pro will be the best. TMpeg Author is also a good option but rather very basic in terms of DVD Lab Pro.

It will be better if you can post the detail of your media file if you are unsure about the format. Use MediaInfo [google for the download link please] to get details about your media file and post that here, so that we can give you more specific suggestions.
      Last edited by src2206; 9 Mar 2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...