Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ftn1975
    • Apr 2007

dvd to xvid/ac3, audio problem

used SUPER to do conversion, choosing to leave the audio same as original, ac3 48khz 2ch 256kbps. However when completed, the audio is almost impossible to hear, even with volume at max. Am I missing something? The video turned out great, but audio sux.
  • Art Vandelay
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Feb 2006

I find that ac3 audio is much more quiet. I use it though, but before you author your DVD files do you have the 2 demuxed streames (.m2v which is the video file and the .mp2 which is the audio file)? Its strange since your bitrate is at 256. I find when authoring a DVD with .mp2 for audio it is much louder than .ac3 at 192 which is what I use. If you have the 2 streams convert the ac3 to mp2 and then author and see if it sounds better. You can use ffmpegGUI version 03C which works great for this, I found it at www.videohelp.com I use it to convert mp2 to ac3.

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

used SUPER to do conversion, choosing to leave the audio same as original, ac3 48khz 2ch 256kbps. However when completed, the audio is almost impossible to hear, even with volume at max
      Could be using different decoders and one is boosting the volume. Download & install AC3Filter (or ffdshow) and apply gain.

I find that ac3 audio is much more quiet...I find when authoring a DVD with .mp2 for audio it is much louder than .ac3 at 192 which is what I use
      AC3 is not inherently quiet, nor is MP2 inherently loud. The volume difference is caused on the broadcaster's side.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...