Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • divxcollector
    • Feb 2002

cropping in neodivx

I tried Neodivx last night and after minutes of trying I couldn't succeed in cropping the black parts in the video in the exact edges of it. There was always some black part remaining both after manuel and automatic cropping.

Does anybody know how to crop the black parts of the video without any remainings of black parts in Neodivx?
  • crunch
    • May 2002

If you are using an earlier version, which I prefer too at times, I just select the closest, say widescreen 2.35 or whatever and deduct 16 from both directions in the crop area. So if it show 720 wide, I go for 704.
    Uh-huh, I know some people prefer lower resolutions, but I am happy to use more discs or hard drive space. Its just as easy to copy the discs onto the computer and pretend they are like chapters.
    If you are using the latest version, I have found that auto setting is fine, and if after a sample it is not right, I end up cropping it manually so it defaults with the edge inside the border.
    If you tell me the version you are using, cos they do change significantly from the earliest ones to the later ones, and some more specifics, I am happy to help if I can.

Cheers,
    Crunch

Edited to say...If it is the later version and you manually crop, and have tried the up and down arrows to enlarge or contract the white rectangle viewing window over the scene, and it still does not work, then I cant help you. I only had a few problems of it doing its own thing. I just reboot and start again, and it is fine once more.
    I am not sure of your skill with Neodivx, but dont forget to move the movie slider across (it is the only one on the manual cropping screen) as it only displays part of the movie once you move it.
    Last edited by crunch; 31 May 2002, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• divxcollector
      • Feb 2002

Thanks for your advices. I'm just in the situation which you mentioned in the "Edited to say..." part of your reply.

Also I'm going to check the version I use when I get back home.

Comment

Working...