Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kabuki_Jo
    • Jun 2002

subtitles and conversion

here's the thing. I've downloaded Spiderman by tmd in two files and with chinese ( I think ) subtitles. What I'd like to ask is:
    1- Is it possible to remove those subtitles and add English ones? What soft to use? And please point out a guide I should follow. I've read a bunch of them already, but none mentioned divxAVI movies subtitles, just DVD ones.
    Thanks in advance for any help given.

Kj.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

If the subtitles are embedded in the video, it is near impossible to get rid of it. For adding subtitles, you can use Sub-station Alpha to make a subtitle script (Very tedious job though) and input it using a Virtualdub filter that you can download from www.virtualdub.org.

Comment

• Kabuki_Jo
      • Jun 2002

Thank you
      The subtitles are embebbed in the video.
      so, moving on to the next question
      2- when trying to convert the file to mpeg-1 to burn it as a vcd, I got an error( cannot open file or unsupported ). I was using tmpgenc. Any special codecs I should use?

Kj.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

From what I've heard, TMPGEnc seems to have problems opening up DivX5-compressed videos. I'm not sure if the latest release will have fixed this though.

That aside, try using Nero 5.5 for auto matic conversion and see if it yields good enough results for you.

Comment

• Kabuki_Jo
          • Jun 2002

Thanks

I don't know for sure but I think it's coded in mpeg4. How can I convert it with nero?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Wizard: Compile a new CD -> Other CD formats -> Video CD. The rest should be pretty easy to follow.

Comment

• Kabuki_Jo
              • Jun 2002

Tmpengc12a works with the type of file I'm trying to convert. I was able to successfully. Now, when I burned it as VCD cd. I had audio/picture sync problems. A lot of frameskip and the audio was not right.
              Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Kj.

Comment

Working...