X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoDeM HuMpER
    • Dec 2001

Video Problems

Hello.

Can anyone tell me why when i use FlaskMPEG preview, to make a divx that doesnt show the video after its complete? Its Pearl Harbor 2016 kbps, MP3 Audio 192 kbps, im using XP. With the latest 4.11 driver. Can anyone help?
  • Trancemaster
    Snoogins
    • Dec 2001

How do you mean the video dosen't show? You mean when you play it?
    Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• MoDeM HuMpER
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Trancemaster
      How do you mean the video dosen't show? You mean when you play it?
      Yes when i try to play it in Media Player it doesnt play any video only audio.

Comment

• Spire
        • Dec 2001

MH,

I have noticed the same thing, the icon for the movie appears at the destination, but its size is 0 bytes and if you attempt to play it, Media Player will give you an error.

This is normal, at least on some if not all windows OSs. I can vouch for windows 98 SE. If you check the amount of free hard disk space on the specified drive, you will notice that it is descreasing as the file gets written.

My understanding for this is that as the file gets written (perhaps all over the partition, not necessarily in one contigous block), the filesystem has not set it up for you to access it. When the program writing the file closes it then the filesystem sets it up for you to access.

The opposite case is for streaming, if a file is streamed into place, then even if the end of the file is still getting written, then you should be able to access to first part (i.e. the part already on the disk).

I hope this helps.

-- S

Comment

• MoDeM HuMpER
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Spire
          MH,

I have noticed the same thing, the icon for the movie appears at the destination, but its size is 0 bytes and if you attempt to play it, Media Player will give you an error.

This is normal, at least on some if not all windows OSs. I can vouch for windows 98 SE. If you check the amount of free hard disk space on the specified drive, you will notice that it is descreasing as the file gets written.

My understanding for this is that as the file gets written (perhaps all over the partition, not necessarily in one contigous block), the filesystem has not set it up for you to access it. When the program writing the file closes it then the filesystem sets it up for you to access.

The opposite case is for streaming, if a file is streamed into place, then even if the end of the file is still getting written, then you should be able to access to first part (i.e. the part already on the disk).

I hope this helps.

-- S

No it says the movie is 1.9gb. I figured out the problem..Thanks for all ur help!!

Comment

• SithUK
            • Dec 2001

If you have figured out the problem please post a solution for future reference.

Thanks,

Sith

Comment

• osku
              • Dec 2001

I had the same kind of problem with WinXP and FlaskMPEG. I finally solved it: After encoding I ran the movie with VirtualDub, both audio and video in "Direct Stream Copy". The file is about 4 MB bigger than original, but works.

Osku

Comment

• omarh
                • Nov 2001

Modem Humper please post what the problem was next time!! so your post might actually help someone in the future..

Comment

• Trancemaster
                  Snoogins
                  • Dec 2001

I had the same problem with What Lies Beneath. When I opened the file in WMP (XP) I got audio but no video. I then split it with AVIChop, and it started working!?
                  Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

Working...