Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHiDo
    • Jun 2002

MPEG2 -> DivX problem

Hi! Im trying to encode my MPEG2 files from my Creative Labs Digital VCR into DivX files so I can save them to CDs. The problem is, that the MPEG2 files appear to be interlaced, and whenever I try to convert them to DivX format, the video seems to "jump" every second.

I have tried to solve this problem by using deinterlace in Flask MPEG, but it doesnt work. ALso, I have used Vidomi Encoder which seems to solve this problem, the bad thing about vidomi is that it doesnt resize my video files (to 352x288) and even if I use the HyperScale option, the new files (with smaller screen size) take up as much space as the big screen files.

So, what I want to get, is a 352x288 divx file with no skipping and having a filesize according to its screen size.

Any ideas?
  • maz2003
    • Jun 2002

I ran into a similar problem. I don't know why that happens with mpeg-2.
    The solution I found was at www.doom9.org , using Gordian Knot.

Get Gordian Knot 0.21 and the 0.26 update. Also get the Gordian Knot usage guides from Doom9's site.
    Then just follow the steps in the guides and you should be ok. I'm assuming you already have the DivX compression installed.

Basically, Gordian Knot is a gui front-end which uses DVD2AVI, VirtualDub, NanDub, AviSynth, etc... to create DivX files.

Comment

Working...