X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aliyans
    • Jun 2008

Best Vid encoding software for Divx

hi
    I have been trying to improve quality of my downloaded divx videos..which is best software to get best quality videos out of bit less quality ones..i dont mind size. i have tried v.dub ,super, meidacoder etc..i didnt see much difference..or its not possilbe with divx..can u give me settings i should use to get best quality- bitrate, framerate, size etc.
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi Aliyans,

I guess if your source is bad you can only improve it so much ... increasing bitrate ... I don't think it helps ...

You might be able to make the picture a little sharper and so forth ... so use "AviDemux" and when saving the file use it's various FILTERs ... e.g. SHARP ...

G!

Comment

• Aliyans
      • Jun 2008

Is it good on vista..i think i tried it b4 ..but has problems on vista, i think. at moment i'm trying SUPER.. its doing okey..

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

I am still Strictly an XP person!

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

AviSynth

Originally Posted by Aliyans
          Is it good on vista..i think i tried it b4 ..but has problems on vista, i think. at moment i'm trying SUPER.. its doing okey..
          You might also take a look at AviSynth. It has some learning curve but no shortage of filters and tutorials.

Main Page,Advanced Scripting Tips,Advanced topics,Arrays,Aspect ratios,AviSynth FAQ,AviSynth Syntax,AviSynth v3,Avisynth Plugin Development in C,Block statements,Changelist

Depending on the problems with the input, sometimes you can transform pretty horrible input into something watchable. A lot of free conversion software just provides a GUI that generates an AviSynth script and inputs it into free or open source converters.

Comment

Working...