HD video mpeg4 on PC convert to what please?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acefaceeli
    • Aug 2009

Hi all,

I have recorded on my camcorder HD video, when I put these files on my PC they are mpeg4, my PC wonr play them (I have used many players VLC DVIX etc..)

I have tried using Oxelon converter to convert these files to a format that I can watch them on my PC but whatever I convert them too they are either very low quality or will not work,

Any suggestions on how to convert these HD mpeg4 files to something that I can watch them in reasonable quality would be greatly appreciated thanks
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you should NOT convert those videos of yours at all or you will quality and waste time

try finding the right video codec for this very format your cam saves to

i strongly recommend you install FFDSHOW for the codec part and MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC (not the MS one!) for the playback part

give it a try and let us know

Comment

• acefaceeli
      • Aug 2009

Ok thanks a lot for that I have downloaded both, audio is fine, but on playback with windows media player classic the picture is still pixelated.

cheers

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

pixelated?

well if it is the original file you play then it should not unless the raw material is already showing this

ffdshow can do some "post processing" to your video - check the configuration for this option and try different settings

Comment

• bookmarkmaster
          • Aug 2009

S is the abbreviation of Transport stream (in high definition). It is a communication protocol for audio, video, and data which is specified in MPEG-2 Part 1, Systems (ISO/IEC standard 13818-1) (TS == Transport Steam).
          Nowadays, TS files are widely spread on the internet as (usually split) recording profiles from HDTV broadcasts. Some Camcorders such as JVC Everio GZ-HD40 also support this HD format.MTS format is a high-definition MPEG, AVC, H.264 transport stream video file format which commonly used by HD camcorders such as Sony Canon, Panasonic.
          .MTS files are used premarily with Sony hardware. Camcorders make use of MTS in the form of AVCHD, a recording format made specifically for camcorders. Some camcorder models from Canon also use MTS files. These files are also present on Blu-ray disc compilations, therefore they are capable of storing quite a large amount of information and data tracks.

Comment

• acefaceeli
            • Aug 2009

thanks a lot for the help, I have to be honest its over my head now, I opened the ffdsshow configuration panel and I had no idea what any of it was. I will just have to record in normal format from now on I think.

Cheers

Comment

• happylily
              Banned
              • Dec 2010

Originally Posted by acefaceeli
              Hi all,

I have recorded on my camcorder HD video, when I put these files on my PC they are mpeg4, my PC wonr play them (I have used many players VLC DVIX etc..)

I have tried using Oxelon converter to convert these files to a format that I can watch them on my PC but whatever I convert them too they are either very low quality or will not work,

Any suggestions on how to convert these HD mpeg4 files to something that I can watch them in reasonable quality would be greatly appreciated thanks
              usually video converter has setting function.
              so before to convert, you had better select high resolution for your output video

Comment

• yao847zi
                • Dec 2010

u can use GOM player software which enables u to play any video files on your PC

Comment

• Baleno_E
                  • Aug 2007

What is your HD video format? Most camcorders record videos in M2TS format and M2TS can be played by many player applications like VLC, KMPlayer, RealPlayer...

Comment

Working...