Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbolton
    • Jun 2002

ASF - AVI (Divx) - NEED HELP!

I am using a Sharp Internet Viewcam to capture video in ASF format and I want to convert it to AVI DivX. I have downloaded the Virtual Dub software and when I try and open an ASF file it says 'Couldn't locate decompressor for format MP4S' - can anyone help!
    Thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I would prefer screen capture software for converting asf to avi. However, if you want to use virtualdub you will require version 1.3c (this capability was removed from subsequent releases due to potential legal issues).

Comment

• dbolton
      • Jun 2002

I've downloaded 1.3c and that is the version coming up with the error. Can you recommend a good screen capture program?
      Thanks

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

For curiosity, why would you want to capture as asf? In Virtualdub you can easily capture as uncompressed avi then later convert to divx.

Good screen capture softwares are Camtasia and Snag-it.

Comment

• dbolton
          • Jun 2002

The camera only allows you to save video as asf and I can't open it in virtual dub to save to any other format. Just want to convert to avi for editing and file size.
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Angie
            • Jan 2002

I had this too with a different asf I wanted to convert. I was using the older VirtualDub. I think we're missing a codec somewhere. But I don't know where to find it.

Comment

Working...